5 Benefits of Private Yoga Sessions
Yoga & Pilates classes have grown in popularity over the years. However, many people are finding private sessions more appealing. Unlike large group classes, private sessions provide a one-on-one experience with a professional instructor, which can help you see results more quickly. Here are 5 benefits that can make private sessions more effective than group classes.
1. Sessions tailored just for you. They are customized to your specific needs and goals. The instructor address your strengths, weaknesses, limitations and abilities. You learn where you need to be in each pose to build a solid foundation and progress your practice. Why take a class designed for someone else?
2. You get to work on the things you like. Learn specific poses and progressions to help you work on what you like. Perhaps you want to learn how to do a particular arm balance pose. Your program can be designed to help you work on the fundamentals, and show you step by step how to work towards your goal. If there is something you don't want to do, you do not have to do those things either! You may be uncomfortable lying on your back. Maybe you don't want any chakra talk in your practice. No problem. You don't have to include anything you don't like in your sessions. It is your practice.
3. The focus is all on YOU. No one else is there to distract you, so there is no competition or expectation. No feeling of having to keep up with everyone else or look a certain way. The focus is on you, and how you are feeling, on that day. Your instructor can help you refine your alignment & form, creating a safer experience.
4. Convenience. You can schedule private sessions to fit into your schedule. You get to schedule your private sessions at at time & a place that is convenient and comfortable for you! In home & online sessions make it even more convenient. Since you don't have to spend time driving to a studio, an hour session can actually take one hour. More precious time for you to do the things you love!
5. Commitment. Private sessions can lead to a better commitment to your practice. You schedule an appointment with your instructor, which keeps you accountable. Individualized sequences to do between sessions helps you stay consistent with your practice. Thus, you are more likely to commit to improving your longterm health and wellness.